Fancy a new challenge in the coming winter months?
We already have about 20 volunteers who offer various levels of time and support.
We do need more! There is so much we can do to develop the Walled Garden and to support the learning and development of those with disabilities.
Volunteers can assist in many ways including;
- Supporting individuals with practical tasks such as gardening and maintenance work
- Staffing our Walled Garden shop and plant sales area
- Looking after the maintenance of our plants, vegetables, flower garden, orchard and woodland
- Assist with our marketing, fundraising, administration and reception work
- Share skills and special interests
- Enable the people we support to increase and improve their social skills
We are also looking for people to take on specific ares of responsibility as volunteers which would be great training and skill development:
- Woodworking and joinery
- Marketing and fundraising
- Retail Assistants
Who can volunteer?
Volunteers come from all walks of life. No previous experience is required and there is no minimum amount of time you have to be able to offer.
Volunteering opportunities are available during the week, weekends and evenings.
Volunteers are subject to references and Disclosure and Barring Service checks. A criminal record does not preclude volunteering with us, but we have to be certain that there is no risk to the vulnerable adults and young people we support.
What you can expect
A high quality induction to the organisation and the service we provide
Ongoing training and support including regular volunteer meetings and briefings.
Staff support and encouragement
We have a dedicated volunteer coordinator providing valuable support to our volunteers.
Contact: For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright 2013 Ripon Community Link - Site by Reach Studios